Facility Engineer Job Opportunity in United Arab Emirates.
We’re looking for a Facility Engineer to oversee and coordinate the workers who maintain and repair electrical, plumbing, ventilation, refrigeration, and other building systems within our distribution facility. You’ll perform systems evaluations on facilities and determine what installation or repair services need to be performed, manage a budget, and create calculations to ensure operational efficiencies. You’ll also assist in the hiring and training of workers, and arrange their schedules and work activities. This is a great opportunity for someone who’s looking to grow their career in facilities engineering, as well as get experience under their belt with people management!
• Assign and schedule work tasks with other facility technicians in a team-oriented environment, and perform initial evaluations of building systems and distribute work assignments.
• Evaluate team members’ individual performances to ensure quality operations, and investigate any and all accidents caused by team members, and prepare relevant reports.
• Work with the Maintenance Planning department to evaluate needs for all work requests—both scheduled and unscheduled—as well as any special projects that arise.
• Coordinate and follow up on preventative maintenance on refrigeration units, plumbing, electrical, overhead doors, and any other mechanical systems.
• Coordinate and assist in repairs involving basic electrical, mechanical, and plumbing systems.
• Read blueprints and plan projects to complete assigned tasks, and coordinate and follow up on incidental carpentry, masonry, and painting and plaster work.
• Review and maintain maintenance logs and maintenance budgets, and complete any and all documentation necessary to the completion of a task.
• Instruct team in how to dispose of hazardous materials in accordance with established OSHA procedures.
Job Skills & Qualifications:
• Experience in project management
• Experience with people management
• 5 + years of experience in the field
• HS diploma or equivalent
• Advanced skills with ACAD and Visio, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Explorer)
• Strong analytical skills and proven organizational ability and attention to detail is a must
• Must be a self-starter, proactive, flexible, and deadline-focused