Production Manager Job Opportunity in United Arab Emirates.
As a Production Manager, you will make sure goods and services are produced safely, cost-effectively, on time and meet the required quality standards.
The scope of the job depends on the nature of the production system. Many companies are involved in several types of production, adding to the complexity of the role, it is likely that you will be responsible for both human and material resources.
The job may also be referred to as Operations Manager, must have 3 – 5 years’ experience in same field.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
• You will oversee the production process, coordinating all production activities and operations.
• You will need to: plan and draw up a production schedule, decide on and order the resources that are required and ensure stock levels remain adequate
• Select and make decisions about equipment use, take responsibility for its maintenance, modification and procurement
• Set the quality standards
• Strong background in ordering raw materials with most effective prices in all food production
• Ensure that the production will be cost effective by estimating costs, negotiating and agreeing budgets with both clients and managers
• Monitor the production process and adjust schedules as needed
• Monitor productivity rates and product standards and implement quality control programmes
• Organise the repair of any damaged equipment
• Liaise with different departments, teams and companies, e.g. suppliers, managers, clients
• Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed at all times
• Ensure customer orders are completed on time and to budget and that quality standards and targets are met
• Work with managers to implement the company’s policies and goals
• Collate and analyse data, putting together production reports for both factory managers and customers
• Manages, supervise and motivate the team of workers
• Review worker performance and identify training needs.
You’ll be involved in the pre-production (planning) stage as well as the production (control and supervision) stage. A large part of the job is dealing with people and resource management.
You may also be involved with product design and purchasing. In some larger firms, planners, controllers and production engineers and supervisors will assist you. The role may be integrated with other functions, such as marketing, sales and finance.